Saturday, February 12, 2011

Journal 3

I've been trying to hold back on this entry, but I can't any longer. I feel really negative. This whole "being-environmentally-friendly" thing has me at a stand still. I guess I am one of those people that says, "Hey, I'm only one person. How can I do this alone?". Yes, I'm one of those. I wonder if I can change my tune? I wonder if I'll always view this issue as a glass-half-empty issue?

I just don't want to waste my time helping the world if no one else cares. I know that some people care; but are they enough? The people who don't care overshadow the people who do, so what's the point? Am I the only one who feels like this?

Maybe I think it's naive to believe that we can save this sinking ship that we call Earth. Maybe I think that I'm such a small, tiny person on this planet that will never do anything significant. Maybe I'm just bitter and negative.

Or maybe, I want my children, and their children, and their children to grow up in the place I've loved for my entire life. Maybe I want them to breathe clean air, and know what forests are and be able to see the stars at night. Maybe I want people to change just one thing about their daily lives so that they can help the environment.

Maybe I want everything.

Reflecting always,

Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment